A Journey With Oliver…

Hi there!  Happy Monday!  I hope all of you had a great weekend!  What did you do this weekend?  The weather was beautiful except for Friday.  The weather on Friday was absolutely horrible!  It was torrential rain which made it very difficult to see and drive in.  It made for very dangerous weather.  There was lightning and thunder.  It was scary.  I think it was even worse than the hurricane last summer and that was pretty scary too.  Unfortunately, Mike and I were smack in the middle of it.

We decided to go out to dinner on Friday night because we had a gift card to use and a coupon.  So we wouldn’t have to pay anything except for the tip.  Our restaurant of choice was Red Lobster.  We haven’t been there in a long time and since it was going to be free, we were both in the mood for seafood.  We waited in the car for roughly 20 minutes for the rain to slow down.  It was hot and humid and just gross waiting for the rain to stop.  When it finally did, we waited for 15 minutes for a table.  We both decided to order the 4 course meal special they had going on.  I had a bowl of clam chowder and some salad.  I was nervous how my stomach was going to react to eating both but I didn’t care.  I wanted clam chowder and that is what I was going to do.

I ordered pineapple grilled shrimp.  The sauce on the shrimp was spicy so I tried pushing it off.  It was supposed to come with vegetables and instead it was served with onion rings which I didn’t touch.  Ick.  They looked gross.  I did have some of the rice that the shrimp was laying on and that was tasty.

Pineapple grilled shrimp


Our meal also came with dessert.  Mike went with the chocolate cake and I ordered the apple crostata.  That was the best dessert I have had in a long time.


After Red Lobster, we went to Macy’s to browse for a little bit and then ventured home.  My stomach was feeling a little off and then smack in the middle of that, our electricity goes off!  It was only off for like 10 minutes though.  I was thankful about that.  That was our cue to go to sleep.

On Saturday, I tried to sleep in but that wasn’t happening.  So I woke up and started doing tons of wedding stuff.  Mike and I conquered a ton of wedding stuff this weekend.  I’d be happy if I didn’t need to look at another can of spray paint ever again!  This project is turning into a nightmare!  We are almost done with it and once we are, I will be so happy!  I will most definitely post in detail what we were doing with the spray paint once our wedding is over.  It’s been a stressful mess dealing with it.  In the middle of dealing with that, we took a break to stop at AC Moore and Walmart.

Then we went right back to work.  We stopped again for dinner.  We decided to have hot dogs and mac and cheese.  My belly was not a happy camper.

My dinner


I was watching tv when Melissa called really upset about Oliver.  She brought him outside to go to the bathroom and another dog was out there with his owner and Oliver was barking like crazy.  The woman started screaming at Melissa and wouldn’t move her dog away.  Oliver kept charging towards it for some reason and Melissa couldn’t grab control of him.  Finally the woman left after screaming and carrying on unnecessarily.  I wish I would have been there because I would have given her a piece of my mind.  After that, Oliver started choking because of getting himself all worked up.  On top of things he has been acting strange lately and having accidents in the house when he didn’t before.

Melissa was upset because he then started throwing up.  Thankfully, Mike and I only live in the next development over so I drove over as quick as I could.  I was trying to calm Melissa and Oliver both down.  I was chasing him around the house cleaning up after him.  Melissa and I felt horrible for him and grabbed him and went to the emergency vet.  While we were there, he seemed fine!  He was happy and running around and he stopped choking and throwing up.  So that was good.  They did testing and found out that he has a urinary tract infection.  So they gave us antibiotics and pain medication for him.

He is starting to feel much better now and Melissa and I were both happy about that.  Melissa loves him and does so much for him.  He is her dog.  My parents got him as a birthday present to her a little over 10 years ago.  He has his moments of acting extremely hyper and crazy but we love him anyway.  We spent the rest of the night watching over him and I stayed for a cup of coffee with Melissa and my mom and ventured home.  Do you have any pets?

On Sunday, Mike and I did some more wedding things, and then went food shopping.  Once we got home, I did some wedding things and then picked up Melissa.  We went to the mall to look for shoes for her to wear to our wedding and I looked for a dress to wear to my Bachelorette party.  Melissa found the hottest shoes and I found a really great dress that I had to order because they didn’t have my size in the store.  It was only $30!  I can’t beat that. I am praying that I love it when it comes in and is in my size.  It’s exactly what I was looking for.  It was a successful shopping trip!

After shopping, I went home and Mike and I made ground turkey tacos with Newman’s Pineapple Salsa!  Holy crap!  If you’ve never had this salsa before, you are missing out!  It was fantastic!!

My dinner plate


I used taco seasoning to season the ground turkey and then I put a spoonful of the salsa on my taco.  It was really great!  I would love to make some kind of chicken dish with this salsa.  I think I’m going to have to try it!  Do you like salsa?  What is your favorite kind?

The rest of the night, Mike and I spent doing some more wedding things and finished doing our Butler preferences for our honeymoon.  We accomplished SO much wedding stuff this weekend!  I am very proud of us!

Alright, that is all I have for this Monday.  Have a fabulous day!

About these ads

12 Responses

  1. Oh, poor Oliver! I’m so sorry he had to go through all that and am glad he’s feeling much better now.

    Also – agreed about how crazy the weather was on Friday night. We were driving home from synagogue and saw this bolt of lightning flash horizontally across the sky. I’ve never seen anything like that before, with it going sideways instead of vertically. So crazy!

    • Thank you, Shari! It was very scary and I’m glad that he is back to his happy self. :)

      I know! I saw that too! It was beyond crazy and scary! That rain was horrible.

  2. Oh my gosh how crazy! I hope he’s recovering okay!

  3. I had red lobster friday too, but for lunch! Love the shrimp linguini alfredo and of course always eat way too many biscuits : )

  4. I’m glad he’s feeling better now! I do have a pup and I would be so worried if something like this happened with him!

  5. Poor puppy! Glad he’s doing better.
    I love Newman’s Own Pineapple Salsa..so yummy!

  6. [...] A Journey With Oliver… [...]

  7. […] incredible how he survived what happened to him a year and a half ago.  You may read the story here.  I think that was one of the hardest things that my family and I had to go through.  He is such […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 382 other followers

%d bloggers like this: