Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!! I feel like it was just Valentine’s Day last year. Everything is going by so quickly! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day today! I love the colors of this holiday. I think the red’s and pink’s are so pretty. I like the decorations and the whole meaning behind the holiday. Although, it may be a Hallmark holiday, I do enjoy it and I still enjoyed it when I was single. The only time I didn’t like it was when I was younger in school. I remember, I think it was high school, they would come into the classrooms and give out flowers. You could send them to people. It was embarrassing if you didn’t receive any flowers. I don’t think I ever received a flower in school and if I did it was probably because my friends and I sent them to each other. I’m glad those days are over!
So after work yesterday, I picked Melissa up so we could run some errands together. We ended up getting everything done that we set out to accomplish. I was glad about that. Melissa surprised me with an early birthday gift that was absolutely incredible! I literally thought I was going to faint when I saw what she got me. I’m going to feature it tomorrow on Wedding Talk Wednesday because it is wedding related. I cannot wait to share! :)
After hanging around their house for a little while, I decided to head home and find something quick to eat. I remembered that we had a pack of frozen grilled chicken breasts from Tyson. I didn’t know what to expect with these but I wanted something quick to eat. So I baked them in the oven and made a baked potato for both of us.
My dinner plate
I was not impressed with this chicken at all. Mike and I both didn’t like it. It had some strange tasting grill seasoning on it. I was not a fan. I’m annoyed that we have an entire bag of it in our freezer. It might be a good option to put on top of salads and coat with dressing once my stomach can handle it again. So I might just save it for that. It was not very good. I wish i would have been just a plain grilled chicken breast. The fake grill seasoning completely ruined it for me. Oh well.
Since today is Valentine’s Day, I thought it would be cute to learn about the meaning behind different colors of Roses. I was always interested in this because each rose color has a different meaning. I don’t know about you but I absolutely love flowers. I don’t know all that much about them so I really enjoy learning about the different kinds and their meanings.
Red – It symbolizes love and passion. It also conveys respect and the creative love of spirit. Representing true love stronger than thorns, the red rose is known universally as the lover’s rose.
– This rose represents humility, purity and innocence, the white rose – often referred to as the bridal rose – is associated with young love. It also symbolizes truth and reverence, it sends a message of loyalty and says “I am worthy of you.”
– Back in Victorian times it symbolized jealousy, today it symbolizes friendship, joy and caring. A bouquet of these yellow roses conveys, warmth, gladness and affection.
– It symbolizes gentility, femininity, elegance and refinement, the pink rose also carries additional meanings depending on its hue. Deep pink means gratitude and appreciation, while pale pink conveys grace, gentleness, admiration and happiness.
– These roses symbolizes enthusiasm and desire. These roses are perfect for expressing admiration and attraction with an underlying message of passion and excitement.
Lilac & Purple
– These roses symbolize enchantment and desire. They send a message of love at first sight.
- Usually when mixing red with another color rose, you are able to send additional messages with the bouquet. For example, a combination of red and yellow roses conveys gaiety and happiness, while a mix of red and white roses symbolizes unity.
Single Rose – Means “I still love you.”
Bouquet of Rosebuds – Represents innocent love and says “you are forever young, and beautiful.”
Thornless Rose - Says “love at first sight.”
Tea Rose – Means “I’ll remember you always.”
What is your favorite color rose? Are you doing anything for Valentine’s Day?
I am making us dinner tonight and we will just relax and spend time together. We already went out to celebrate on Saturday so tonight will just be a relaxing night at home. Last year, I made more of a gourmet dinner
. Tonight we are keeping things low-key.
Enjoy your Valentine’s Day!